Bluecurve modem does not work with Disney Circle

ktaipan
Grasshopper

Hi, 

I just tried installing a Bluecurve modem with Technicolor internal hardware and found out that it is not compatible with the Disney Circle parental controls. There is a 'fun' interaction where the Disney Circle ends up blocking all WiFi connected devices. I had to go back to my old modem which makes me a little sad, but the Hitron modem was working fine, I do like new hardware. I am looking to provide feedback here as there is no real fix unless the underlying hardware of the Bluecuve is changed. Just as a note, the Disney Circle provided granular parental controls on top of a generalized blocking service, the parental controls on the Bluecurve are not completely useless, but don't actually provide as much usefulness as one would expect from a highly advertised feature.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
15 Replies

Re: Bluecurve modem does not work with Disney Circle

shaw-tony

Hey ktaipan,

Thank you for reaching out! We appreciate your time in sending us valuable feedback for us to make improvements. We will certainly forward the feedback for you.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: Bluecurve modem does not work with Disney Circle

Not applicable

I'd like to add my support to ktaipan's statement:  I love that Shaw has made it so simple and affordable to get set up with mesh wifi at home, but I want to be able to use parental controls with the granularity that Circle provides.  I'm not personally bothered whether this is because Shaw's hardware interacts with Circle well, or because the BlueCurve parental controls offer that same granularity.  Either solution works great for me.

It's not just about time limits and bed times. Circle all...

pyrojonc
Grasshopper

It's not just about time limits and bed times. Circle allows me to entirely block youtube, and connects with apps like ChoreMonster for earning more internet time. I need that granularity and functionality, so either support Circle or recreate that set of functionality.

Not only is the Blue Curve functionality far less than th...

Diggy
Grasshopper

Not only is the Blue Curve functionality far less than the Circle, the app is frustrating slow to load or make changes to. 

This thing is annoying. Kids devices are shut even not us...

Pdenes
Grasshopper

This thing is annoying. Kids devices are shut even not using the time. It is frustrating as i have to deal with these issues all the time. Now i have the circle i can no longer use and i sent the old modem back. So now what

0 Kudos

Could I get some further details on the issues that you'r...

shaw-valerie

@Pdenes Could I get some further details on the issues that you're seeing with the parental controls settings on your BlueCurve Gateway? What troubleshooting steps have already been done? 

0 Kudos

Obviously reset the modem countless times, reset reinstal...

Pdenes
Grasshopper

Obviously reset the modem countless times, reset reinstall the app, remove devices and readd them to the app....

Ok so this is a disaster...

1. the blue curve’s parental control does not work
2. the modem is not working together with our disney circle 

I am frustrated because even I have spent countless hours to fix it is still not working.

Kids are coming home and after 30 minutes their 3 hour time has gone already. Then i have to manually open their accounts as I cannot add more time. So this is a super labor-intensive and, a bad user experience and frustrating and time sink.

Please

1. Send me the old modem back which works with the circle
2. Set back the old service or the service which is aligned with the old modem
Or send a guy who sets everything up and it will not go wrong

Thanks

0 Kudos

thank you so much for trying those steps. Since it is an...

shaw-tony

@Pdenes thank you so much for trying those steps. Since it is an ongoing issue, touch base with our technical support team to schedule a technician or drop by your local Shaw retailer to swap the modem. You can use this forum as a reference. The Hitron or Cisco modem should be what you previously had. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos

I completely agree and would really appreciate being able...

Nathan20
Grasshopper

I completely agree and would really appreciate being able to use Disney Circle again as it offers far more options than Shaw's app. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help