Bluecurve modem does not work with Disney Circle

ktaipan
Grasshopper

Hi, 

I just tried installing a Bluecurve modem with Technicolor internal hardware and found out that it is not compatible with the Disney Circle parental controls. There is a 'fun' interaction where the Disney Circle ends up blocking all WiFi connected devices. I had to go back to my old modem which makes me a little sad, but the Hitron modem was working fine, I do like new hardware. I am looking to provide feedback here as there is no real fix unless the underlying hardware of the Bluecuve is changed. Just as a note, the Disney Circle provided granular parental controls on top of a generalized blocking service, the parental controls on the Bluecurve are not completely useless, but don't actually provide as much usefulness as one would expect from a highly advertised feature.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

Re: Bluecurve modem does not work with Disney Circle

Hey ktaipan,

Thank you for reaching out! We appreciate your time in sending us valuable feedback for us to make improvements. We will certainly forward the feedback for you.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Bluecurve modem does not work with Disney Circle

Not applicable

I'd like to add my support to ktaipan's statement:  I love that Shaw has made it so simple and affordable to get set up with mesh wifi at home, but I want to be able to use parental controls with the granularity that Circle provides.  I'm not personally bothered whether this is because Shaw's hardware interacts with Circle well, or because the BlueCurve parental controls offer that same granularity.  Either solution works great for me.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
Need more help?