Shaw Mobile # of rings before voicemail

Rakore
Grasshopper

My phone seems to only ring 2-3 times before sending caller to my voicemail, I need to increase the number of rings as it currently doesn't give me enough time to answer.   phone is Alcatel go flip 3

12 Replies

-- For Shaw Home Phone service, see a Shaw web-page that...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Rakore -- For Shaw Home Phone service, see a Shaw web-page that states:

Change the number of rings before Voicemail answers

Select from 2 to 9 as the number of rings.

(available to residential plans only)

Give it a try on your Shaw Mobile device.

If it does not work, contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat ) or 1-888-472-2222 to ask for assistance.

0 Kudos

I want to increase the number of times my LG6 phone rings...

barab
Grasshopper

I want to increase the number of times my LG6 phone rings before going to voicemail to 30 seconds

0 Kudos

-- I want to increase the number of rings ... before goin...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@barab -- I want to increase the number of rings ... before going to V.M.

I just connected to Shaw's online chat to ask your question, and immediately got connected to "Roger", and asked your question, stating that I have an iPhone, and got the response:

Dialing the numbers/symbols below will result in the phone ringing for 30 seconds before going to voicemail.

**61*6477001778*11*30#

The default is 20 seconds, and the delay can be sent in 5 seconds increments. The maximum you can set it to is 30.

Pick up the phone receiver, wait for dial tone, and dial...

AESc
Grasshopper

Pick up the phone receiver, wait for dial tone, and dial *94. You'll hear 3 beeps followed by dial tone. Enter the number of rings you want (between 2 and 9)

THIS WORKS FOR LANDLINE ALSO 

This pattern (**61*ten-digit number *11*30#) works with m...

maxinekl
Grasshopper

This pattern (**61*ten-digit number *11*30#) works with my android phone too (Samsung galaxy A52) - but it depends on what your voicemail access number is (mine is 7783176408) and use it in place of the 10 digit number given by MDL. Thanks!

*61 and **61 now 'no longer exist'  So now how do we do i...

yesmath
Grasshopper

*61 and **61 now 'no longer exist' 

So now how do we do it (as of Nov /21)

0 Kudos

-- yesterday, I had an online Chat with a Shaw Agent. The...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@yesmath -- yesterday, I had an online Chat with a Shaw Agent. They refused to give me a list of the "star codes" for Shaw Mobile customers. Their web-sites for Shaw Home Phone and Shaw Business do post a list.

Instead, I was asked "what do you want to do?", and I had to give a reply, to get a response of "not offered", or a specific Star Code.

Painfully obtuse of them!

0 Kudos

*94 didn't work for me. I'm going to try  **61*6477001778...

robynz
Grasshopper

*94 didn't work for me.

I'm going to try 

**61*6477001778*11*30#

30 is the max number of seconds you can get. Hopefully it gives me more than 4 rings. Will post again with my result.

0 Kudos

*94 is a residential phone code, so it won’t work. I don’...

rstra
Grand Master

@robynz 

*94 is a residential phone code, so it won’t work.

I don’t think *61 will work for Android phones (if that is what you have), you may want to try and see if there is an option in the phone settings.

0 Kudos