To be eligible for Shaw Mobile service you will need to meet certain requirements, including:
- Be the age of majority within your respective province of residence
- Be able to complete a credit check
- Live within the Shaw Mobile coverage area in Alberta or British Columbia
To activate Shaw Mobile Service, visit us at a retail location to set up your account. Find a store near you.
By using or subscribing to any of Shaw Mobile services, you agree to follow the Terms of Service.
Age of majority
To sign up for Shaw Mobile service you must be the age of majority within your respective province of residence:
- Alberta: 18 years of age
- British Columbia: 19 years of age
To activate service with Shaw Mobile, you will need to visit us in store to run a credit check and set up your account. Remember to bring two pieces of ID with you, such as:
- a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver's License, Passport) and
- a major Canadian Credit Card
If your credit check check does not meet our credit requirements, we also offer a deposit program. Find out more About the Shaw Mobile Deposit Program.
Shaw Mobile coverage area
Shaw Mobile services are currently sold in Alberta and British Columbia only; however, service coverage is available in Alberta, British Columbia, and Southern Ontario, including the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
Our services are designed to be used predominantly inside our service area, and we are only able to support phone numbers with area codes that exist inside our mobile network coverage.
Check out our Coverage Map for additional details.